WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU COME TO WORSHIP AT TRINITY MEMORIAL
We are an affirming Congregation and welcome LGBTQ2S+ individuals into our community.
We are all God's children!
- The worship service will last approximately an hour.
- Most people arrive 10 to 20 minutes before the start time of 10:00 AM to speak with friends and meet new folks.
- You will be greeted by someone who will hand you a program for the Worship service. We usually call this a Bulletin or an Order of Worship.
- Everything you need to know to follow the service is in your worship bulletin and on the screen.
- You will be invited to sign our guest book but you are not required to do so. If you sign and leave contact information, we will follow up with you later in the week. You are welcome to fill out a contact card if you like. It is found in the pews, and you can place it on the Offering plate located at the back of the church.
- You will be invited to sit in one of the pews. Although people tend to sit in the same spot each week, no one will be upset if you sit in their seat.
- Washrooms are in the adjacent room through the door in the back corner of the Sanctuary.
- Most Sundays, there is children’s programming, and there is a nursery for little ones.
- It is okay to bring coffee into worship.
- There is no dress code, come in comfortable clothes or dress in your “Sunday best.”
- We have a Choir that offers a monthly anthem.
- Most Sundays have a mixture of old and new music. We generally stand to sing although folks are welcome to stay seated if standing is difficult.
- Sometimes we use drama to express the focus story from the Scripture reading.
- We usually have two readings from the Bible based on the Revised Common Lectionary. Here is a link to the readings for each week: http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu We take the bible seriously not literally.
- The children remain with the adults for the first 15 minutes of the worship and are invited to come forward for a story and learning time. Children are welcome to stay with their parents if they wish. We don’t mind the noise of restless children or the crying of a baby.
- There is a nursery for children under three, with a changing table, rocking chair, and lots of appropriate toys.
- Following the service, coffee & tea are served. Just follow the crowd.
- You will have an opportunity to share your prayer concerns during the service but you don’t have to. Also, you won’t be asked to introduce yourself during the service but please sign our guest book.
- People usually place their offers on the plate on the back table in the Sanctuary. As a visitor, please don’t feel obligated; however, know that your gifts will be blessed and used to support the ministry here in this church. Just take the plate from the usher and pass it down the pew. There are offering envelopes in the pew pockets if you wish to make a gift. Amounts over $20 will be issued a receipt: or see our online donations button on the home page. You can also donate online (see the donate online button at the top).
- The minister will greet you at the end of the service at the back of the sanctuary.
- We have Communion services five times a year. Everyone is welcome to partake in the communion and everything will be explained at the service.