What a strange and different environment we are experiencing together. Travel restrictions, physical distancing requirements and new health and safety concerns have created opportunities for all of us to live our mission differently.
- Imagine a Naramata Centre which offers accessible year-round connections through a hybrid delivery model of on-site and online programming
- Imagine weekly meditation offerings together and apart
- Imagine even more connections with our sister United Church retreat centres in Ontario and Nova Scotia
- Imagine beyond the summer……..
*** ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF THE CURVE SHIFTS UPWARDS/DOWNWARDS AND THE ROLL OUT PROVIDED BY THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT CHANGES
Together we will experience a new way of being in Community. While we will not be offering our previously announced “Summer Weeks”, we have created a hybrid model of on-site and online programs.
Imagine staying onsite, finding your favourite shady spot, and participating in an online program; or gathering with a small safely distanced group on Columbia lawn for a morning or evening meditation or spiritual practice.
Now more than ever, you are encouraged to co-create with us your experience.
- Our on-site Community Life Manager will ensure you are connected to the Centre before you arrive and during your week long stay.
- During the months of July and August we will offer on-site program choices. In order to protect the safety and health of our participants, leaders and staff, these programs will be limited to a maximum of 6 to 10 participants.
- The programs offered will, in the majority of cases, take place outside.
- Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, our much loved and very well attended Music Week program has been cancelled.
- For similar reasons and after much consideration, we will also not be able to provide a separate onsite children’s program this year. We believe the risks of not being able to provide a safe space are too high for our children. Therefore we are looking at programs which offer intergenerational opportunities
We will be supplementing the on-site programs with weekly online programs. Go to https://www.naramatacentresociety.org/
for updates and programming.